What causes face skin peeling? An insight into the skin peeling on face, causes, how to get rid fast, home remedies, from sunburn, acne medication, side effects and dry skin.
- 1 Skin Peeling on face Causes
- 2 How to get rid of Peeling Skin on Face
- 3 Skin Peeling on face Home Remedies
- 4 Skin Peeling on face from Sunburn
- 5 Skin Peeling on Face from Acne Medication
- 6 Skin Peeling on face Side Effects
- 7 Dry Peeling Skin on Face
- 8 How to Remove Peeling Skin from face
Skin Peeling on face Causes
The first reason the skin peeling on face is the sunburn. When this occurs, the dead cells are normally sloughed off and the baby skin cells replace them. Look for a sunscreen with at least SPF 30, which blocks 98 percent of the UVB rays, the shortwave rays that leads to the sunburn and redness.
Burns may also be due to the chemical peels, in which the dermatologist makes use of the chemicals so as to peel away the layers of skin. The damaged skin can then peel and also flake, and in a very severe cases, might blister just before peeling. The result is smoother, brighter skin. Talk to the doctor so as to find out if the treatment is the right one for you.
Some medications, like the retinoid products are used to treat acne and also the wrinkles, can lead to peeling skin. You can also notice the flaking around the nose and also the mouth area.
If this occurs, then ask the doctor if you can decrease the application schedule every day or every even two days until the skin becomes much more tolerant to medication. During application of retinoid creams, be sure to avoid the sensitive areas that are around the nose and also the eyes.
Other topical medications such as the benzoyl peroxide (that fights the acne-causing bacteria), sulfa (an antibiotic) and the salicylic acid may cause the dry skin and lead to peeling and also flaking, especially if skin is much sensitive.
If you however, have an easily agitated skin, skip products that have the ingredients and use the gentle cleansers and also the lightweight, oil-free moisturizers.
- Dry Skin
When the skin is very dry, skin cells do not usually stick together and they begin to flake off. While cold temperatures are normally the cause of the dry skin, there are also other factors that leads to a flaky, peeling complexion. Such as living in an area that has low humidity and also use of harsh soaps might also lead to moisture loss that causes dry skin.
To avoid dry skin peeling on face, it’s very much important to keep the face hydrated. Look for the moisturizers that are targeted to a skin type.
It’s also very vital to apply the gentle cleansers that don’t strip the skin of the natural oils, which usually keep the moisture levels very much stable therefore reducing the peeling and flaking. And drinking enough water can also assist to ensure a proper skin hydration.
- Skin conditions
Some skin conditions such as the seborrheic dermatitis as well as the eczema may lead to the the skin that is on the face to peel. Both are very much chronic inflammatory skin conditions which don’t have an indicated cure. But, the symptoms are able to be controlled via a proper moisturization. Keeping the face much hydrated can assist to minimize peeling and flaking.
It’s also vital to avoid washing the face using hot water, which may irritate the skin. Instead, make use of lukewarm water and also a gentle cleanser that is very much free of harsh chemicals to assist maintain the skin’s natural moisture barrier. After the cleansing, gently pat the face dry using a towel and apply a moisturizer targeted to the skin type.
Peeling on the face can also be due to the allergic reaction to the ingredients that are in cosmetics, skin-care products, or even the nail polish. For instance, an allergic reaction to the nail polish may lead to the skin around the eyes to peel. Although you can react to ingredients in a product, the most common triggers are normally the preservatives like parabens.
Allergic reactions are normally accompanied by several other symptoms, like the redness and also itching. To find out which ingredients are involved, consult a dermatologist or allergist who can test for potential allergies.
If it’s determined that the peeling skin on face is in fact brought about by an allergic reaction, then you will require to be very much diligent on reading ingredient labels so as to avoid contact with these irritants.
How to get rid of Peeling Skin on Face
Wash the face at least twice daily using a moisturizing facial cleanser. Ingredients that normally hydrate and also smooth out flakes are olive oil, Shea butter and also the aloe.
Place a drop of cleanser on the fingertips and then massage in circles around the entire face. Rinse using warm water and the pat the face dry using a clean towel. It’s very vital to get a cleanser that is noncomedogenic and also free of perfumes that are able to irritate the skin and also dry it further.
Make the face wash from ingredients that are found in the kitchen. Blend together at least two red-apple slices, 1 cup of plain yogurt, 1 tablespoons of olive oil and also 1/2 tablespoon of honey.
When the consistency is much creamy, massage an amount in small circles around the face for about 3 minutes. Rinse using warm water and then pat dry. The yogurt normally acts as a gentle exfoliator for the dry skin, while the honey draws the moisture back into the skin.
Replace the cleanser every few days using a scrub that is used to exfoliate the peeling skin. Find one that has salicylic acid, which assists to get rid of the epidermis impurities, and reveals new skin underneath. Other gentle ingredients that are made to slough off the dead skin cells are the almond and also the olive oil, grape-seed oil and also vitamin E.
Make a milk mask that can be able to moisturize and also assists to do away with the skin peeling on face. Pour milk into a shallow bowl and then add ice cubes. Soak a wash cloth into the milk for about a minute. Lay down for about 15 minutes with the cloth on the face; rinse using cool water.
Dermatologists says the natural lipids that are in the milk plump up the skin and also hydrate the top layer, while the coldness and the lactic acid can be used to slough off the flakes and assists to heal any irritation.
Skin Peeling on face Home Remedies
- Olive Oil
Olive oil contains skin-nourishing fatty acids that work as a moisturizer for the dry skin. The oil usually coats the skin and then locks the moisture. Also, the vitamin E that is in olive oil assists the body to fight the free radicals that are responsible for the skin aging.
- Slightly warm extra-virgin olive oil. Liberally rub the warm olive oil on the area and massage it so that the oil penetrates inside the skin. Do this at least three times daily until the condition improves.
- Mix about two tablespoons of salt with the olive oil so as to create a very thick paste. Use the paste as a body scrub so as to exfoliate the dead skin cells. Do the process twice a week until the skin heals fully.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe vera contains soothing and also the moisturizing properties that assists to remove peeling skin. It also gets rid of the inflammation and itching.
- Mix about 2 tablespoons of the fresh aloe vera gel and a small amount of the vitamin E oil.
- Use the mixture on the affected skin of the face.
- Allow it to dry and then rinse it off using warm water.
- Repeat the process for about three times daily for at least one week.
- Oatmeal Bath
Oatmeal is very vital in reducing of the itching and also the irritation that is associated with skin peeling on face. Also, its soothing properties assists the skin to retain the natural moisture.
- Stir 1 cup of oatmeal into a bath tub that is filled with warm water.
- Soak in this soothing bath water for about 45 minutes.
- Rinse the body using clean water, and then pat dry using a soft towel.
- Use a gentle moisturizer on the body.
- Follow the remedy daily before going to sleep until satisfied.
Milk is very vital in dealing with peeling skin. It works as a skin moisturizer, the protein that is in milk contains a soothing effect and also the lactic acid is able to reduce irritation and also the itching.
- Soak a clean washcloth in ice-cold whole milk and then wring out any excess milk. Put the clean washcloth on the affected skin area for about 10 minutes. Then wash the skin using very clean water. Repeat the process about 3 times daily until the skin is much healthy again.
- Mix about 2 tablespoons of the whole milk and a tablespoon of honey. Use the mixture on the affected skin and then massage gently. Leave it on for about 15 minutes and then wash it off using warm water. Do the process at least twice daily for about 1 week.
- Lemon and Sugar Scrub
Being a very strong astringent, lemon contains the ability to dissolve the dead skin cells and assists to reduce peeling.
Also, its healing as well as the soothing properties are very good for the skin. When they combined with sugar, it performs as a great natural scrub for the skin.
- Mix together 1 cup of sugar, juice from half a lemon, and also one tablespoon each of honey and the olive oil.
- Use the mixture on the skin and then rub in very circular motions for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off using cold water.
- Repeat the process at least once a week until you do away with the peeling skin.
Cucumber is a known natural astringent and also has plenty of water that assists to keep the skin much hydrated. Also, its cooling effect assists to alleviate any irritation and also the itching. The vitamin C that is in the cucumber can also reduce the sunburn and also facilitate a skin repair.
- Grate a cucumber and use the paste on the skin peeling on face. Leave it on for 20 minutes, and then rinse it off using warm water. Do the process twice daily for two weeks so as to maintain enough skin moisture.
- Mix a peeled cucumber and some tablespoons of the aloe vera gel in a blender so as to make a very smooth paste. Use the paste on the peeling skin on face. Leave it on for about 15 minutes, and then rinse it off using warm water. Do the process once daily until the problem is much resolved.
Skin Peeling on face from Sunburn
There are many ways to calm down a very bad sunburn so that you can live to sun another day:
Many people experience a very mild sunburn at least once in their lifetime. Even a very short exposure to the sun when the skin is unprotected may lead to a painful and also an irritated burn. Normally within few days, the sunburn can star to fade and then peel.
You can be tempted to pull off the loose skin, but you are required to be careful. Improperly removed sunburned skin may cause further irritation, scarring as well as an infection. You can get rid of the peeling skin from a sunburn if you take it slow and follow some steps.
Steps to get rid skin peeling on face;
Take a warm bath. Avoid using hot water, as that may be able to irritate the peeling skin further. In contrast, a warm bath can be able to soothe the sunburned skin and is also able to loosen the peeling skin for easier removal. Try to bathe twice per day.
Use a soft washcloth so as to gently wipe the peeling skin on face. This will get rid of any very loose pieces without harming skin underneath.
Pat the skin dry using a soft towel after the bath. Avoid use of rough fabrics or even rubbing of the skin.
Cut any hanging pieces of peeled skin on face. Do not try to pull the skin, as this can get rid of the attached areas that are not yet ready to come off.
Use the antibiotic ointment to the edges of the skin. You can avoid an infection and the continued irritation if you treat the areas where you have fully removed skin.
Skin Peeling on Face from Acne Medication
Benzoyl peroxide acne treatment can be very irritating and also drying. During the initial weeks of use, many people can have some dryness, itching, tightness, or even mild peeling.
This is very much temporary and can subside as the skin adapts to the product. Try to put up with mild to moderate peeling, as it can disappear.
Remember, one of the reasons that benzoyl peroxide is used is due to peeling of inside of the pores where the plugs of the dead skin as well as the oil are forming. When we see flaking on the skin’s surface, it’s a good thing, it implies we’re getting peeling inside the pores also.
The peeling action brought about by benzoyl peroxide softens and also breaks down the acne impactions so that they shed out the pores. With the consistent use, benzoyl peroxide also prevents the plugs from forming.
Skin Peeling on face Side Effects
The risks, and also the complications of the chemical peels are scarring, reactivation of herpes simplex infections, and also a substantial contrast that is in coloration of the treated skin.
All the patients will experience a recuperation period, which is the length which depends upon the depth of the peel. Deep peels are able to lead to substantial periods of healing on the order of weeks. Deep peels usually need extensive local anesthesia and sometimes general anesthesia, which has its own risks.
Dry Peeling Skin on Face
Harsh Ingredients leading to Dry, Flaky Skin on your Face
Some of the facial soaps as well as the cleansers might be too harsh for a sensitive skin on the face. If the skin feels very tight and also dry after you wash, you could be using a wrong product for the skin. Stick to fragrance-free cleansers and also avoid the harsh anti-bacterial soaps that might dry the skin out more.
- Prevent Dry Patches by Drying Thoroughly
Although you might think that keeping the face damp can assist to increase moisture, once the water evaporates, the skin will be dryer. So, always moisturize properly after the cleansing. But, keep in mind that rough the towels are able to act just like exfoliators – they are able to damage the skin, leading to further dryness as well as irritation. Always use a clean cloth and pat your face, not rub.
- Take Shorter Showers to Lock in Natural Oils
Long showers – more especially when you use very harsh cleansers – which strips the face of its natural oils, and you might notice that the face appears and feels drier after bathing. Instead, take s very short shower in warm water. Use a mild and also the moisturizing cleanser and remember to use a moisturizer after showering.
- Choose the Right Moisturizers for Dry Skin on the Face
For dry, petroleum-jelly-based moisturizers performs very well to lock in moisture and assists to relieve dryness. Although you might think otherwise, an oily skin requires to be moisturized too. If you do not moisturize, the skin will work extra time to produce more oils, so as not dry out. Choose a non-comedogenicor lightweight moisturizer so as to leave the skin feeling hydrated and also refreshed, not greasy.
How to Remove Peeling Skin from face
Skin cleanser for peeling skin
With the use of a good skin cleanser you can be able to quickly clear the flaky skin from the face. But these products are responsible for washing of the moisture which makes the skin surface very much dry and this can cause flakes of the dead cells.
To avoid the problem and prevent peeling of the skin you can try to make use of a moisturizing cream immediately after a cleanser. To start using the treatment first wet the face using warm water. Now take the cleanser gel in hand, use over the face and then rub for a 2 minutes. This can clear the oils, the dead skin flakes and then rinse after few minutes.
Exfoliate to deep skin cleansing
Exfoliation is a process that you use a scrub or even a mask that gets rid of the dead skin flakes so as to make the face clear and very much beautiful. But you should understand the kind of scrub that you use according to your age or skin type.
Dry skin: This type of skin usually accumulates large amounts of the dead skin, and thus peel the skin layer is twice. Ideally, do it using creams so as to soften and also hydrate skin as well.
Oily or mixed: People who experience this type of skin, a deep peel off mask is needed to get rid of the fat from the pores and also avoid the appearance of the spots, pimples as well as the blackheads.
Either you should buy the exfoliating scrub depending on the skin type or even use the home remedies mentioned below which suits the skin.
Moisturizing away dry flaky skin
Cold weather and also the low humidity of the houses that have heating, rob the moisture of the skin and thus it becomes very dry. It is vital to make use of a moisturizer regularly, paying attention to the formula and also ensuring that it is emollient. Give a lot of preference to those that have hyaluronic acid and lipids that assists the skin to retain moisture.
- 5 Reasons the Skin on Your Face Might Be Peeling: http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/moisturizing/basics/5-reasons-the-skin-on-your-face-might-be-peeling.htm
- How to Get Rid of Peeling Skin Fast Through Face Wash: http://www.livestrong.com/article/513854-how-to-get-rid-of-peeling-skin-fast-through-face-wash/
- Home Remedies for Peeling Skin: http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-peeling-skin.html
- 6 peeling skin remedies we all need after a bad sunburn: http://www.sheknows.com/beauty-and-style/articles/804520/dealing-with-sunburned-peeling-skin
- How to Remove Peeling Skin From a Sunburn: http://www.livestrong.com/article/186972-how-to-remove-peeling-skin-from-a-sunburn/
- Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment: http://www.acne-skin-care-expert.com/benzoyl-peroxide-acne-treatment.html
- Chemical Peel: http://www.medicinenet.com/chemical_peel/page4.htm